Webelos Woods is a campout designed to introduce 4th and 5th grade Webelos Scouts to the many outdoor adventures of Scouting. This awesome weekend camping trip introduces them to Scout camping using the patrol method in a Scout-led outdoor adventure, while supervised by adult leaders, and with parents nearby. This weekend event gives the Webelos a little taste of the independence and self-reliance they learn in Scouts.
4th grade Webelo Scouts
- will work as a Scout Patrol together. They will choose a Patrol leader and with the help of their den leader will do various tasks withing the unit.
- will work on Outdoorsman, Duty to God in Action, Castaway, Fishing, Map and Compass, and lots of other adventures.
- they will receive a list of activities they worked on to present to their Webelos den leader/Cubmaster.
5th grade Arrow of Light Scouts/-Scouts BSA
- 5th grade Scouts that have already crossed over into troops are also eligible for Webelos Woods.
- will work as a Scout Patrol together. They will choose a Patrol leader and with the help of their den leader/ASM will do various tasks withing the unit.
- will work on the Boy Scout Totin’ Chip and Firem’n Chit, Fishing and lots of other activities.
- they will receive a list of activities they worked on to present to their Scoutmaster.
This Baloo training is for leaders only:
Welcome to the Spring 2020 BALOO Training!
It is the Cub Scout Leader training required for any Cub Scout den or pack outdoor event, including pack camping overnighters and Webelos overnighters.
BALOO training consists of a prerequisite online component (must bring certificate of completion). To take your online portion of BALOO go to my.scouting.org, BSA Learn Center (the red box on the right side of the page), then click on Expanded Learning, then scroll down to BALOO & click to get started.
Cub Scout level camping policies will be taught along with the discovery of the necessary tools to help units carry out a successful camping experience. This course also replaces Outdoor Webelos Leader Skills (OWLS). Completion of this course is mandatory for a MINIMUM OF ONE adult who accompanies the Pack on a Pack overnighter.
Arrival time Saturday (March 28) morning is 8:00 to 8:45 a.m. Dismissal will be Sunday (March 29) morning at 11:00 a.m.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER -MARCH 17, 2020
Cost is $25.00 and covers three meals.
Scout Day @ Ski Parks – Big Discounts
Piedmont Council has teamed up with Winterplace and Ski Beech to offer Scouts and their families and friends discounts. Click on a date, to register.
Here are the following dates:
BSA Safety Moment-Winter Sports – Read More
Scout Advancement Day
Cub Scout Advancement Day, February 1, 2020
Looking for an opportunity to finish up some Cub Scout Electives? The Piedmont Council has just what you need. On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at Gaston College.
Cub Scout volunteers from across the Piedmont Council will be offering Cub Scout Adventures for Tigers, Wolves, Bears and Webelos/Arrow of Light. Take a look below at the awesome Cub Scout Adventures being offered at this one day event. There are a lot of Adventures to choose from but many of these will fill up fast.
Each Cub Scout will have the opportunity to earn up to 3 Adventures (elective or required) and move even closer to finishing up their current rank.
Cost for this event is only $15 and includes lunch, an event patch and program materials.
Feb 1, 2020 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
201 Highway US 321
Dallas, NC 28034
Classes are on a first come first serve basis.
Deadline to register January 17, 2020Check-In starts at 8:00 a.m.Opening at 8:45 a.m.Classes start at 9:00 p.m.Ends at 4:00 p.m.